Monday, April 28, 2008

Preparing for Flight

On April 13, 2008, Bior and I sat down at Uncommon Grounds, he with his favorite Chail Tea and began finalizing our last minute preparations for our departure to SOUTHERN SUDAN! We got all the shots, sent in for the visas, and talked exstensively about how I'm going to see a Hippo. He thinks I'm crazy. "They are mean and you are crazy," he says. But I'm on the look out.
We are now patiently waiting for May 9th to arrive.
We have similiar feelings about the trip and also very different feelings. This is my first time travelling to this continent I'm so intriuged by and this will be his first time back after fleeing the violence of civil war in his home town of Bor.

This blog will be our diary. Whenever we're able to get internet access we'll tell you of our travels. Getting to Uganda and then Sudan and yes when I see my hippo ya'll know!

No comments: