Monday, May 5, 2008


Wow, what a weekend we've had. On Saturday NESEI held a fundraiser here in Burlington where we had the opportunity to see the progress made at the Yei school site, view the most recent NESEI film created by Lauren Servin and Silas Haggarty of Smooth Feather Productions but by far the most incredible part of the event and weekend for me was unveiling and welcoming Aduei Riak to the NESEI team.
It's hard for me to find the right words to describe how I feel about her. I will simply say with the words of Maya Angelou, "Phenomenally Phenomenal Woman"


I spent the weekend with Aduei hearing her stories, seeing pictures of her life and listening to the enthusiasm and passsion in her voice as she talked about bringing education to Southern Sudan. Her intelligence complements her stunning beauty and eloquent nature. She is a gift not only to NESEI but to me . It is in moments like this that I am moved to tears by human connection.
To read more about Aduei and her remarkable story check out:

No comments: